The following church notes are from Angenette Frink. She goes to my church and she shared these notes on Facebook. I’m grateful she took copious notes as I didn’t have paper or pen for first to take notes as Pastor instructs us to do. Since, sharing is caring and I want everyone to be healthy, fit and fab for life, please read at your leisure and be inspired to make some positive life changes for you and your family.
“What About Our Health?” – Pastor James L. Morman
Christ died to liberate us AND to heal us.
– Salvation is the lifestyle of holiness and WHOLENESS
– Jesus has come into our lives to heal, enlighten and enable us in every area of our lives. To live life to the fullest.
We cannot achieve maximum effectiveness for God’s purpose and maximum fulfillment if we are not renewed in our mind, spirit and body.
Romans 12:1 “…present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto God…”
For those who have received Christ, but still do what they want to do:
“What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20 KJV
– We belong to God: mind, body and spirit. He bought us with Christ’s blood on the cross.
I am valuable because God made me; and because God lives in me I should honor my body.
The greatest gift that you get on a daily basis is the gift of life.
– Your health is a gift from God.
– God’s desire is that we live, and that we live for a long time.
– We must have longevity as our long term goal.
This message is not about your soul today. It’s about your physical body.
Why is the body so important?
– We must have the ENERGY to do the work of God.
– We are literally the BODY of Christ.
God is the reason why we are more than the dirt from which we were made. He breathed POWER and AUTHORITY into us.
– God breathed the breath of life (dunamis – POWER and exousia – AUTHORITY) into man.
– “And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” Genesis 2:7 KJV
God gave us the ability to use His power and His authority over all the works of the enemy.
– Take authority and dominion over the entire Earth. (It’s already done, so walk with power and authority from God.)
Every person matters and God wants us all to live so we can complete the mission of God in this world.
– Once we get saved, the enemy knows that he cannot get to our souls, but he can sabotage our effectiveness by attacking our bodies (and our attitudes toward health).
– If our “vehicle” is broken down and busted, then our productivity is impacted.
God wants to bless us ALL the days of our lives.
– Not just with a few good days, ALL the days.
– Not just at the beginning or middle of your life, but even in your old age.
– God wants us to experience FULL life and be in fellowship with Him ALL the days of your life.
In order for us to last, we have to make ourselves a priority and take care of ourselves.
– Longevity is not just about quantity of life, it’s about quality of life.
– The time of your death is not predetermined. It is effected by your life choices and your life practices.
Finally, if you want to lose your life become ANGRY (anger effects every organ in your body). Remember, anger is a choice. Anger starts the process of murder. Murder in your body. You are destroying your body and shortening your existence. Withdraw from profane speech.
1. Get your Diet under control.
2. Put some Discipline around your physical activity. – At least 2 miles per day will make a world of difference.
3. Also, This week, don’t let anyone make you angry.